To tide people over after a morning spent working in the park, we threw together some pizza’s. This pizza that Di Ana made, had goat cheese, speck, grapes and ramps on top.
I improvised this braised lamb breast and artichoke dish. It started out as three racks of lamb breast, to which my helpers applied a coat of garlic and a rub. Then I browned them in a huge pot, added a mirepoix, equal amount of white wine and chicken stock, and some aromatics before letting it braise slow and low until the meat was pulling away from the bones. To finish it off, the breasts went on a platter and the stock was skimmed and reduced. For the sauce, I added some trimmed baby artichokes, white beans and cipollini onions, which all went on top of the fall-off the-bone tender lamb.
Stephane’s lamb started off in a similar way, with a rub and a sear, but then veered off in another direction with a twenty minute roast in the oven and a sweet and tangy vincotto/balsamic reduction which was applied at the end. The chops were amazing, but that dark glaze very nearly had me hunched over my plate, licking it clean.
Forage and Feast II Menu
- On the menu was Speck, Goat Cheese, Grape, and Ramp pizzas
- Stinging Nettle and Fennel Green Arancini with Piquillo Sauce
- Ramp Ravioli with Fresh Ricotta & Fiddleheads
- Boston Lettuce Salad
- Roast Potatoes with Caramelized Ramps, and Asaparagus
- Roast Brocolini, Asparagus, Zucchini, Fennel, Grape Tomatoes
- Rack of Spring Lamb with Vincotto Reduction
- Slow Braised Lamb Breast with Baby Artichoke, White Beans and Cipollini Onions
- Ramp Champ – Mashed Potatoes with Fresh Ramp Greens and Butter
- Smoked Grass-Fed Brisket
- Grilled Grass-Fed Ribeye with Ramp Chimichurri
- Stinging Nettle Ice Cream with Brownies
Pages: 1 2