If “necessity is the mother of invention”, then I’d argue that buy one get one free sales are the father of invention. With nearly a quart of blueberries in the fridge, I’ve been franticly trying to use them all before they go bad. Since strawberry lemonade is one of my favorite summertime beverages, I decided to give it a shot with blueberries instead.
As it turns out, blueberries work just as well as strawberries in lemonade. It’s cool and refreshing and yet the fruit keeps it from being too tart. By making a blueberry lemon puree in the blender there’s no need to make a simple syrup first, and the resulting puree will keep for a while in your fridge. Once you’ve made the puree, you just mix it with still water, sparkling water, ice tea, or the spirit of your choice to make an awesome cocktail. Head over to PBS Food to get the full recipe.
Equipment you'll need:
- buyNinja Master Prep (QB900B)$49.99$34.92 SAVE 30%
- buyCIA Masters Collection 5-Inch Very Fine Mesh Strainer$21.95
- buyAnchor Hocking 81275 55-Ounce Crystal Glass Beer Wagon Pitcher$19.99$19.16 SAVE 4%
- buyOggi Marilyn Tall and Slim Cocktail Shaker$20.00$16.67 SAVE 17%
- Check out more of Marc's favorite kitchenware and supplies at the No Recipes Store.