When I was a kid, summer vacation always started with an annual trip to McDonalds. The pilgrimage, which coincided with the last day of school, was something that I looked forward to for weeks, and I always got the same thing: a 6 pack of chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce.
It’s strange to look back now and think about how much I looked forward to the oddly uniform nuggets of spongy mystery meat, but in retrospect I think it may have been the sauce. The sweet floral honey and tangy acerbic mustard are contrasts that go together like black and white.
While this grilled chicken with honey mustard dressing shares ease and speed with its distant cousin from the Golden Arches, that’s about where the similarities end. It’s a quick weeknight meal that you make, not because it’s quick, but because it’s delicious.
The chicken is seasoned simply with salt and pepper before going on the grill, so the flavor of the chicken has a chance to shine. As such, be sure to use the best quality chicken you can find. Together with subtly bitter mustard greens, peppery arugula and the sweet and the tangy dressing, this makes for a delicious protein packed meal that will fill you up without bogging you down.
Equipment you'll need:
- buyOXO Good Grips Salad Spinner$29.99
- buyPrepworks from Progressive International GT-3469 Stainless Steel Magnetic Measuring Spoons, Set of 5$18.99$14.32 SAVE 25%
- buyOXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk$9.95
- buyThermoWorks Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Professional Thermocouple Cooking Thermometer$96.00
- Check out more of Marc's favorite kitchenware and supplies at the No Recipes Store.