This simple dish was inspired by Mario Batali’s Bavette Cacio & Pepe. The list of ingredients may make it sound like a boring side, but try a bite and you’ll want to turn it into a meal.
I go for a slightly healthier take on Batali’s dish replacing some butter for olive oil and adding some lemon zest for a little bit of sunshine.
This goes nicely with some Ratatouille.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 lemon zest of
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 tablespoons cultured unsalted butter (optional)
- Boil the linguine according to package directions and drain well.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients and serve immediately