Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)Ingredient for Gambas al Ajillo As with any simple dish, the quality of the ingredients will make a significant difference in the quality of your garlic shrimp. The key ingredients here are shrimp, garlic, olive oil, and red peppers. Have a look below for my recommendations for each of these. The Shrimp I would strongly … Continue reading “Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)”Marc Matsumoto
garlic (5-6 cloves)
red pepper flakes
salt (to taste)
flat leaf parsley (chopped, for garnish)
- Peel and devein the shrimp (see the video for my technique), and then pat them dry with paper towels. This helps keep them from splattering as much when you add them to the hot oil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat until hot and then add the oil and garlic. Fry the garlic until it's fragrant and just starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and fry them on one side until they're cooked about halfway through.
- Season with salt and the pepper flakes and then flip them over.
- Finish by stir-frying until the shrimp is barely cooked through and then garnish with parsley.
- Serve Gambas al Ajillo with plenty of crusty bread and a crisp fruity wine such as a Verdejo or Cava.