Perfect Boiled Eggs
Perfect Boiled EggsWhether you like them soft-boiled or hard boiled this recipe will show you how to perfectly boil an egg and then easily peel it. #egg #eggs #brunch #tips #techniqueMarc Matsumoto
- Take the eggs from the refrigerator, then tap the bottom of each egg on a curved surface to make a small circular crack through the shell, but do not rupture the inner membrane.
- Add cold tap water to the pot until you have 1" of water above the top of the eggs.
- Put the pot over high-heat until the water comes to a boil.
- Set a timer for your desired doneness (see times above), and turn off the heat.
- Remove the boiled eggs from the water when they are done and put them in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- Crack every bit of shell by tapping firmly with the back of a spoon and then soak the egg in cold water for 30 minutes before peeling.