Seaweed SaladIs Seaweed Salad Japanese? If you’ve ever gone to Japan and asked for a seaweed salad only to get a strange look, followed by a dish that’s not quite what you expected, you might have questioned whether seaweed salad is even Japanese. When translated literally, seaweed salad is Kaisou Sarada (海藻サラダ) in Japanese; however, this … Continue reading “Seaweed Salad”Marc Matsumoto
dry mixed seaweed
toasted sesame seeds
scallion (finely chopped)
Seaweed Salad Dressing
toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Put the seaweed in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let this rehydrate for 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- When the seaweed has rehydrated, pour the seaweed into a colander and then rinse it thoroughly.
- Use your hands to gather up the seaweed and then squeeze as much water out of it as you can.
- Add the rehydrated seaweed to the bowl with the dressing and then add the sesame seeds and scallions. Toss to coat evenly and adjust the seasonings to taste.