This Salmon Ochazuke is an easy, comforting light porridge made with rice, salted salmon, and tea, along with a few condiments like sesame seeds and rice crackers to add texture and aroma to the dish.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 pot Japanese tea (green, houjicha, or mugicha all work)
- 300 grams cooked short-grain rice
- 100 grams cooked shiojake
- 15 grams rice crackers (chopped into peppercorn-sized pieces)
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Mitsuba (chopped for garnish)
Brew a pot of our favorite Japanese tea
Put the rice in a bowl and pour hot water over it. Stir to break up any clumps and release any excess starch on the surface of the rice.
Strain the rice and dump the water. Put the rice back into the bowl and then crumble the salted salmon on top.
Top with garnishes such as crumbled rice crackers, sesame seeds, and mitsuba.
Serve the Salmon Ochazuke with a pot of tea to pour over the rice at the table.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg